Have you ever thought about the life expectancy of your household appliances? How about the materials used to build your home? Well, if you are like many home owners today, you probably haven't given it much thought at all. I mean, who really needs to know how long the shingles on the roof are going to last, anyway, right? But, that is just the point; there are some things, you, the home owner, need to know.
There are many factors involved that can age a household appliance like a refrigerator or building material such as siding.
• How an item is used.
Here are some examples depending on above factors:
• A refrigerator may last up to 13 years.
• Cooks, - your kitchen cabinets have a life expectancy of 50 years.
• Outdoor lovers, your outside deck has only a life span of 20 years.
• Vinyl Siding will last for the lifetime of the house, and
• Your wood floor will endure for 100 years. Of course, all under ideal circumstances.
"Study of Life Expectancy of Home Components." They list appliances, building materials, as well as other components you may never have thought about. The comprehensive report is only 19 pages long yet boasts as a worthy read of any home owner or potential buyer.
Let me know, as always, how I can help!
Silicon Valley Specialist
Local Real Estate resources
Silicon Valley Market Trends