Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Santa Clara Cty Property Assessment up 3.25%...

I don't know if you have experienced the same thing, but my property value went up according to the County assessor's office - the notice of my property's assessed value that I just received in the mail.  This is not a surprise as we have experienced so many multiple offers since the end of last year, but sometimes reality is not completely reflected in the County's figures, and when the market goes down, one feels the need to fight what seems to be an assessed value that is too high.

In the past few years, I have helped several clients prove to the County assessor's office that their value was overinflated, by providing "comparables" from the MLS data, for similar properties sold that year.

However, when the market goes up, it is a lot more difficult to go about this procedure.

As evidenced by this June 2012 article of the Business Journal , the County is richer now, and things are looking up, at least for the County's coffers ...
My evaluation has gone up by about 2%.  How much did yours go up?

Francis
useful links

A noteworthy web site: junk mail reducer: Catalog Choice

No comments: