Triggers for rejection. - Loan rejection that is.
• Poor credit: Lenders typically reject applicants with FICO scores below 620.
• Low appraisal: One of the predominant reasons buyers are turned down for home loans is because the appraisal on the property is too low. If this is the case, the bank will often loan less, which can create a problem for the cash-tight buyers.
• Property problems: Sometimes issues turn up within a house, like a major repair or safety issue that needs to be addressed, before an application can be approved.
• Information mix-ups: Approximately 12 percent of new mortgage applications were denied because of unverifiable information or incomplete credit applications, according to the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council.
The full story can be accessed here.
If you need any lender referrals, don't hesitate to contact me. When you buy a home or refinance, you rely a lot on your loan agent.
Thanks for reading!...
PS: Mortgage rates: Week ending 10/27/2011
- 30-yr. fixed: 4.11 fees/points: 0.8%
- 15-yr. fixed: 3.38 fees/points: 0.8%-
- 1-yr. adjustable: 2.94% Fees/points: 0.6%
(Source: Freddie Mac)